”Visiting Belgrade was an exiting experience. It is clear that different cultures
that have converged in this city have brought about very interesting arhitecture,
and even more important, an openness of minds. ”
Dieter Meier, Conceptual Artist
B elgrade is the capital and largest
city of Serbia. It is located at the confluence
of the Sava and Danube rivers,where the
Pannonian Plain meets the Balkans. Its name
translates to "White city". The city proper has a
population of 1.23 million, while over
1.65 million peoplelive within the
Church Of Saint Sava
T he Church of Saint Sava is a Serbian Orthodox church
located on the Vracar plateau in Belgrade. It is one
of the largest Orthodox churches in the world and ranks
among the largest church buildings in the world.
The church is dedicated to Saint Sava, the founder
of the Serbian Orthodox Church and an important figure
in medieval Serbia.
B elgrade Fortress, consists of the old citadel
and Kalemegdan Park on the confluence of the
River Sava and Danube, in an urban area of modern Belgrade,
the capital of Serbia. It is located in Belgrade's
municipality of Stari Grad. Belgrade Fortress
was declared a Monument of Culture of Exceptional
Importance in 1979, and is protected by the
Republic of Serbia.
Nikola Tesla Museum
T he Nikola Tesla Museum is dedicated to honoring
and displaying the life and work of Nikola Tesla.
It is located in the central area of Belgrade, Serbia.
It holds more than 160,000 original documents,
over 2,000 books and journals, over 1,200 historical
technical exhibits, over 1,500 photographs
and photo plates of original, technical objects,
instruments and apparatus,
and over 1,000 plans and drawings.
R epublic Square or Square of the Republic
is one of the central town squares and an urban
neighborhood of Belgrade, located in the
Stari Grad municipality. It is the site of some of
Belgrade's most recognizable public buildings,
including the National Museum, the National Theatre
and the statue of Prince Michael.
Knez Mihailova Street
K nez Mihailova Street or Prince Michael Street,
is the main pedestrian and shopping zone in Belgrade,
and is protected by law as one of the oldest and most
valuable landmarks of the city.
Named after Mihailo Obrenovic III, Prince of Serbia,
it features a number of buildings and mansions
built during the late 1870s.
G ardos Tower or Millennium Tower, and also known as
Kula Sibinjanin Janka is a memorial tower
located in Zemun, Serbia. It was built and officially
opened on August 20, 1896 to celebrate a thousand
years of Hungarian settlement in the Pannonian plain.
As part of Old Town core of Zemun, and also located
in the middle of the Zemun Fortress.
Residence of Prince Milos
T he Residence of Prince Miloš is a royal residence
in the Topcider municipality of Belgrade, Serbia.
It was originally used as the palace of
Prince Milos Obrenovic. It was built in 1831,
after Serbia was given autonomous status
in the Ottoman Empire. The grounds include
a plane tree over 160 years old,
one of the oldest in Europe.
Monument to the Unknown Hero
T he Monument to the Unknown Hero is a World War I
memorial located atop Mount Avala, south-east
of Belgrade, Serbia, and designed by the
sculptor Ivan Mestrovic. Memorial was built
in 1934-1938 on the place where an unknown
Serbian World War I soldier was buried.
It is similar to many other tombs of the unknown
soldier built by the allies after the war.
T asmajdan Park, colloquially Tasmajdan,
is a public park and the surrounding urban
neighborhood of Belgrade, the capital of Serbia.
It is located in Belgrade's municipality of Vracar.
In 2010-2011 the entire park saw its largest
reconstruction since its creation in 1958.
S lavija Square is a major commercial junction,
situated between the intersections of Kralja Milana,
Beogradska, Makenzijeva, Svetosavska,
Bulevar oslobodjenja, Deligradska and Nemanjina streets
in Belgrade. The square was previously named
Dimitrije Tucovic Square after the prominent
Nikola Pasic Square
N ikola Pasic Square or Trg Nikole Pasica
is one of the central town squares and an urban
neighborhoods of Belgrade, the capital of Serbia.
The square is named after Nikola Pasic who served as
mayor of Belgrade, prime minister of Serbia
and prime minister of Yugoslavia. Until 1992
the square was named Square of Marx and Engels.
River Island Ada
A da Ciganlija, colloquially shortened to Ada,
is a river island that has artificially been turned
into a peninsula, located in the Sava River's course
through central Belgrade, the capital of Serbia.
The name can also refer to the adjoining
artificial Lake Sava and its beach.
C offee is a way of life and a daily ritual in Belgrade.
There are many coffee shops throughout the city
however you have to discovered some of the best quality
coffee that Belgrade has to offer.
Botanical Garden Jevremovac
B otanical Garden Jevremovac is the botanical garden
of the University of Belgrade and also an
urban neighborhood of Belgrade, the capital of Serbia.
It is located in Belgrade's municipality of Stari Grad
and is an administered by the University of
Belgrade's Biology School.